Monday, June 4, 2012

Celebrated my invitation to the Peace Corps with a few friends and a bottle of my home-made mead.
The kazoo fanfare is not random weirdness. Well, not just random weirdness. That's the introduction to a song I wrote called "Bless our Mead: The Yeast-Herder's Anthem", which is a mead-makers' song. It's on our 2nd album.
The reference to New Mexico is because I live in southern Colorado and have had a running joke going on with some New Mexico friends about whether I might get posted to New Mexico for Peace Corps service. I've been maintaining all along that New Mexico isn't a foreign country, but some people aren't so sure...in any case, I'm going to Peru. Peru!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I almost feel like I was there for your celebration. Congratulations Alane! xo Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alane,
    Congratulations! I too have received my Peace Corps Assignment. Peru!!! In a Community-Based Environmental Management program as an Environmental Educator Orientation on September 13, training from September 14th to November 23 and Dates of Service November 24 to November 24, 2014. I am googling everything I can find and found your blog beginning. I am a 63 year old woman with a background in entomology and have just finished 19 years of being self employed. I hike and am involved in the community. If you have the time and would like to e-mail me at ingridcarmean@sbcglobal.net. I would love to hear from you. If not I am sure I will see you in September.
    I am sooo Jazzed!!!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alane,
    Met you last night at Chimayo, so excited to read about your upcoming adventures. Thanks for sharing your story with your nosy server!!! Good luck and all the best to you.
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete